Friday, December 11, 2009

Baseball Drills - A Conversation With Myself

By KC Andrus

I haven't exactly done the proper research to call this a FAQ, but they certainly are questions...that are asked..quite a bit..I think. Okay, it's time to stop stumbling around an introductory sentence and get to the good stuff. Questions about baseball and baseball drills. This is a conversation I had with myself in my head, if it helps you follow along I asked the questions in my normal, Midwestern United States accent (I'm from Kansas) and answered them in a deep southern accent, a VERY bad southern southern accent.

Q: Is baseball our greatest American pastime?
A: Well, I reckon (sorry, I couldn't resist) it probably should be. It is certainly our most timeless and precious pastime, but I would probably say that tailgating and NASCAR are our favorite pastimes.

Q: How can I become a better hitter?
A: Drills, Drills, Drills. There is only one way to become a better baseball player and that is to practice. It's not enough just to practice though, you have to get make sure you get proper instruction and practice the right way. That way you don't ever have to UNlearn anything.

Q: What are the best baseball drills to do to become a better hitter?
A: There are a ton of different baseball drills you can do to become a better hitter. The best drills are going to be the ones that provide a cure for your particular ailment. If you're struggling with your step and your load, try soft toss to get the timing within your swing back, if you're struggling keeping your head down and keeping your eye on the ball, try doing some tracking the ball drills to make sure you track the ball all the way into the catcher's mitt, and if you want to improve bat speed, try the quick toss drill which is very similar to soft toss but the ball's come in rapid succession.

Q: So this is all I have to do to become a better hitter?
A: Not exactly, there are a ton of different baseball drills that people use to make themselves a better hitter, and remember, there's more to the game than just hitting.

Q: I have one more quick question, did you lose your southern accent halfway through our discussion. A: Well, I'll be, it looks like I did fall out of character *sneeze* oh boy, looks like I'm getting a code. Anyways, get out there and study hitting, become a better student of the game and experiment with different drills and see which baseball drills work best for you. This is a great place to start it helped me a lot:
baseball drills
Now I've got to go to bed...I'm tarred

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=KC_Andrus

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello Baseball Friend,
I welcome any comments or suggestions. If you have a question or a topic that you would like to read about, please leave a comment and I will try to address that topic as soon as I can. Good luck in the coming season!
Have a great day, Nick